Dspace does not allow uploading files

Ricardo Estrada

Apr 21, 2022, 4:08:39 PM4/21/22
to DSpace Community
I have an instance of Dspacer 7.2.1 installed on top of ubuntu, both the backend and the frontend are with a reverse proxy to provide security via https. Everything works fine, I have no problems with CORS, But, when trying to upload anything to Dspace, a publication, metadata, images, any type of file. It doesn't allow me. Looking at the debug console I see a 500 error in the call POST to the rest api. I already validated all my configuration, run the Dspace components both as tomcat, as root and in none of the cases does it allow me to upload files

Tim Donohue

Apr 22, 2022, 3:49:15 PM4/22/22
to DSpace Community
Hi,

A 500 error means that an exception/error occurred on the backend. The only way to determine what happened would be to look at the backend's logs (as the exception will not be reported in the UI or REST API, it only appears in the logs).  See our Troubleshooting guide for finding backend errors in logs: https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSPACE/Troubleshoot+an+error#Troubleshootanerror-DSpace7.x(orabove)

Tim