How to use ORCID and Sherpa-Romeo in DSpace 7

johnzhang

Jun 21, 2024, 12:41:00 PM (13 days ago) Jun 21
to DSpace Community
Hello everyone,

The University of Oklahoma Libraries plan to launch DSpace7 later this year. Our librarians are interested in incorporating the ORCID and Sherpa-Romeo plugins into our DSpace7 submission workflows and are excited to see how they work. We are looking to connect with anyone who has used either or both plugins to learn from their experiences. We also welcome any information that might help our librarians in effectively using these plugins.

Thank you very much!
John

Reed, Marianne A.

Jun 26, 2024, 4:44:37 PM (8 days ago) Jun 26
to johnzhang, DSpace Community

Hi, John!   We’re transitioning to DSpace 7.6 this summer and are testing it now.  I haven’t done anything with the SHERPA/RoMEO plugin, but I really like the ability to Import ORCID information when adding an author to a submission.

The only drawback of using the ORCID search when submitting vs. searching on the ORCID site is that the institutional information is not visible within the DSpace search.  That can be handy when trying to determine which John Smith in ORCID is your author, so I have the ORCID.ORG window open, too, just in case I need it.  But usually, the search within DSpace is very helpful.

-- Marianne

Marianne Reed (she/her/hers)

Digital Publishing & Repository Manager

Watson Library, Room 470-G

University of Kansas Libraries

mr...@ku.edu

785-864-8913

Zhongda Zhang

Jun 28, 2024, 10:31:51 AM (6 days ago) Jun 28
to Reed, Marianne A., DSpace Community
Hi Marianne,

Thank you for the information. I will share it with our librarians, and I trust it will be beneficial for their work.

--John

Fatih Güneş

Jul 2, 2024, 8:55:46 AM (2 days ago) Jul 2
to DSpace Community
Hi,
Sherpa-Romeo integration is done by adding an api-key taken from sherpa romeo website. When it is done, detailed publisher rights info is previewed automaticly on submission form. We have done it in many installations.

ORCID integration has 3 main functionality. Login by ORCID, Author Profile integration, and publication import. Pls see https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/ORCID+Integration for details.

-- Fatih