social features on DSpace v 7

bello usman

May 27, 2024, 10:03:39 AMMay 27
to DSpace Community
Is the DSpace version 7 integrated with social features as core functionality? or is it available as a plugin from a third party?

Thank you
Bello Usman

DSpace Community

May 31, 2024, 12:04:40 PMMay 31
to DSpace Community
Hi Bello,

It's unclear what you mean by "social features".   But, DSpace 7 doesn't have core integration with social networks like Facebook or Twitter/X, etc. (if that's what you mean)

With regards to whether a third party has a plugin, you may wish to reach out to our Registered Service Providers or check their websites.  Some of them have plugins available for DSpace to add more functionality, but I'm not sure whether they have the "social features" you are looking for.

Tim