Help

mariem ben salah

Apr 28, 2022, 7:59:54 AM4/28/22
to DSpace Community
Hello
I have a few questions and I need some help. in fact I wanted to know is there a possibility to define a collection in two different community? idem for an article?
What is the link between a collection and a community?
and according to what we classify the collections in the communities?
thank you

Tim Donohue

Apr 29, 2022, 11:38:01 AM4/29/22
to DSpace Community
Hi,

An overview of the Community/Collection hierarchy in DSpace can be found in our Functional Overview in the documentation at https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/Functional+Overview#FunctionalOverview-Onlineaccesstoyourdigitalassets

Simply put, a Collection can only be in one Community.  Collections must be a member of a Community.  You can choose to create a Community/Collection structure that meets your local needs.  Some institutions create a hierarchy that is similar to the Colleges/Departments at their University.  Others decide to organize Collections into Communities that represent Topics/Subjects.  It's up to you.

Tim