Help with Stubborn Bolts

Steven Lischer

Jun 14, 2024, 4:36:48 PMJun 14
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Looking for help. I have linkage bolts giving me troubles. I have soaked them in PB Blaster, used the air tool and breaker bar in attmepts to get them off nicely. I just tried using my nut cracker and the nut cracker guide screw broke instead. What is my next move? torch?

Steven Lischer

Jun 14, 2024, 9:46:26 PMJun 14
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
cutoff wheel got it

Kai

Jun 16, 2024, 1:05:36 PMJun 16
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Just in case, stop and check: Are they left-handed?

Why are they stuck, are they corroded that bad? If so, might try medium tapping with a ball peen for a bit, but be real careful to not damage anything. Sometimes PB and that will free the nasties.

Might try a heat gun before the torch.

Kai e'Kael
On 6/14/24 15:36, Steven Lischer wrote:
Looking for help. I have linkage bolts giving me troubles. I have soaked them in PB Blaster, used the air tool and breaker bar in attmepts to get them off nicely. I just tried using my nut cracker and the nut cracker guide screw broke instead. What is my next move? torch? --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dsmhackerspace/1697718a-9a18-4eb6-90e4-47016a5cdad2n%40googlegroups.com.

Kai

Jun 16, 2024, 1:05:38 PMJun 16
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Doh, thanks for showing me this Google...eventually.
Kai e'Kael