Intro

Kerry Richardson

Feb 3, 2023, 10:22:21 AM2/3/23
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Good morning,
I've been on the sidelines of this group for quite a while and wanted to introduce myself. I'm Kerry Richardson, I am currently in the process of purchasing Miller Products,  a precision turned parts manufacturer in Osceola. I've worked there for many years.

I think this is a great group and have contemplated joining the physical space many times. I don't see it happening with my current time restraints but I thought I might be able to add to the group in other ways.

I will be cleaning out the corners of Miller as I take over and have quite a supply of round steel bar shorts. The steel really is not usable by us as the records on it are missing and most of our customers want traceability. Could your group use any of these bars for projects? Most are 1/4" to 3" diameter and 3 to 4 foot lengths. I figured with the price of steel what it is that someone could surely use it. There is a mix of 1018,1040,  1144, 304, 303 and other varieties. There may be some flat bar and hex in the mix too.

Let me know if anyone has interest and I can give more details. In the mean time I'll be content witnessing the good old American ingenuity that this group exhibits.

Kerry Richardson

Caroline Longnecker

Feb 3, 2023, 12:37:00 PM2/3/23
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Yes, I'm sure we would love to get some good stock. Most of what we have on the rack is weird tube or channel.

Caroline

Brad Freese

Feb 7, 2023, 2:40:44 PM2/7/23
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
We have some storage in our courtyard. Do you need somebody to come down and get the bars?

Kerry Richardson

Feb 7, 2023, 2:56:13 PM2/7/23
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
It would be great if they could. I'm here quite a bit and can stay later if need be.

Jeff Hagerman

Feb 8, 2023, 2:48:22 PM2/8/23
to Area515 (Woodworking Shop)
Let me know if you need someone to drive to Osceola for a pick up.

Jeff H.

Kerry Richardson

Feb 8, 2023, 5:50:01 PM2/8/23
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com

This is a quick pic of the steel. The first pic I will be keeping a little for set ups but I can give you some of it.

Carlin Al-Andas

Feb 8, 2023, 6:05:15 PM2/8/23
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
I live near you and would love to come take a look tomorrow if you are available? My number is (712) 789-1643 and the space would love to have any of the stock in the pics that you would be willing to donate.

Kerry Richardson

Feb 8, 2023, 7:29:26 PM2/8/23
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
I will be around in the morning from about 7:30 til noon. I have a customer coming in at noon and am not sure how long they will be here. I will be in all day Friday if tomorrow doesn't work.

Carlin Al-Andas

Feb 8, 2023, 10:06:13 PM2/8/23
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
I believe Friday afternoon would work better in this case then. Would 2pm work for you?

Kerry Richardson

Feb 9, 2023, 7:55:39 PM2/9/23
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Friday afternoon works fine if you are still wanting to visit

Sent from my iPad

On Wed, Feb 8, 2023 at 5:05 PM Carlin Al-Andas <be...@easternroadsidecreations.com> wrote:
I live near you and would love to come take a look tomorrow if you are available? My number is (712) 789-1643 and the space would love to have any of the stock in the pics that you would be willing to donate.
On Wed, Feb 8, 2023 at 4:50 PM Kerry Richardson <kerry.e.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
<image0.jpeg>
<image1.jpeg>
<image2.jpeg>
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dsmhackerspace/CACWh5SF%3DfofW_nEhhv3XN4p%2BhjMATNKq9x%2B%2Bk%3D_TTtfgUFj81Q%40mail.gmail.com.

Carlin Al-Andas

Feb 10, 2023, 1:11:19 PM2/10/23
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Awesome thanks! Should be there between 2-2:30!