Tools usage violations

David Champion

Jan 8, 2023, 6:05:34 PM1/8/23
to dsmhackerspace
FYI: We do not permit users to remove or disable safety features on any tools.

I found one of the corded angle grinders had the safety guard removed (the blue corded grinder with the paddle trigger, had a flapper disc installed). The person that did this should consider themselves grounded from using the metal shop until they discuss this with the tool stewards.

The Jet horizontal bandsaw was left in an unusable state with a stretched blade. I've heard reports that a member may have been using this improperly. No notice was sent to to...@area515.org to notify us of this.

Also: if you get a tool from another area, you must put it back as soon as you're done with it. For instance, I found one of the small orange handled picks from the automotive tool cabinet in the 3D printer room.

No matter how small you think this is, the next user that needs that tool is going to be inconvenienced for your lack of thought.

Also: a reminder: if something doesn't belong to you, i.e the contents of the storage cubes, you are not permitted to touch them.

Thanks,

-dc

Caroline Longnecker

Jan 8, 2023, 11:21:57 PM1/8/23
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
The pick was me, sorry about that. I've been trying to be better about getting everything back where I got it.