Summer woodshop training

Caroline P

May 26, 2024, 4:52:50 PMMay 26
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Hi!

I am wondering if there would be upcoming sessions for woodshop training this summer. Please let me know if there may be any opportunities coming up. Thank you!

To tell you a little about myself: My name is Caroline. I recently became a member with Area 515 and am interested in learning how to make furniture, mainly. I really enjoy creating new things and solving problems, so finding a space to explore a new skill was great news!

David Champion

May 26, 2024, 6:42:56 PMMay 26
to dsmhackerspace
Hey Caroline! Welcome, was great to meet you.

Please send an email to to...@area515.org to request your training.

Thanks,

-dc

Jason Straub

Jun 5, 2024, 9:53:36 AMJun 5
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Have you received a response on this yet? I'm trying to get into some training as well.

Jason Bentley

Jun 6, 2024, 10:00:19 AMJun 6
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space

Next woodshop training session is on the calendar for June 16 at 11.

Jason Straub

Jun 6, 2024, 10:46:43 AMJun 6
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Hooray! Looking forward to it!

Chris Bustamante

Jun 8, 2024, 3:43:28 PMJun 8
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to remember but do we have (or has anyone made) a simple router sled/leveling jig?

Chris Krohn

Jun 8, 2024, 3:59:14 PMJun 8
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I have one I built as I couldn't figure out the one that is in the shop. Ultimately I haven't donated to the space yet but I am sure you could use it. You would have to provide your own surfacing bit though.

Jake Leister

Jun 8, 2024, 5:15:20 PMJun 8
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Has anyone seen the orange triton router? It was for the sled and had a flattening bit in it but i havnt been able to find it at the space.

Chris Krohn

Jun 8, 2024, 5:23:56 PMJun 8
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
I also could not locate it when I was trying to set up that sled. I was told that there was one, but the router nor all the pieces for the sled were located. I asked a couple people and no one knew what I was talking about or just told me "it's behind the miter saw"

Scott King

Jun 10, 2024, 2:33:52 PMJun 10
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Don't know anything about the router but have a slab flattening bit in my garage that I don't need. Let me know if I should bring it down. Does anyone know if the woodshop has a track saw somewhere?

Scott

Chris Krohn

Jun 10, 2024, 2:36:47 PMJun 10
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Yes! There is a dewalt flexvolt tracksaw on the backside of the sawstop. Tracks are on the north wall by the squares.

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Jeff Hagerman

Jun 11, 2024, 6:30:46 PMJun 11
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com

I last saw parts to the router sled(?) on the shelves behind the miter saw.
The router was last seen in a box around the cnc.

Jake Leister

Jun 14, 2024, 9:58:08 AMJun 14
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
i ended up finding the sled. Here is the instructions and how to build rails if someone wanted to do that. https://drive.google.com/file/d/15-NRGw6-CpuomztQZYMUQZz_dejCHEzg/view