Another modest project

Tom Rendon

Dec 27, 2022, 11:22:10 PM12/27/22
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
I've never made spoons before. Here are 4 I made this month, 2 from poplar (left) and 2 from maple (right). Learned a lot about curved carving and special thanks to Carlin for lending me one of his special carving knives. Refinished with homemade beeswax and olive oil finish. Thanks to 515 for some 500 grit sandpaper!
IMG_7122.jpg

Jason Bentley

Dec 30, 2022, 8:16:26 AM12/30/22
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Looks good, I'll be coming to you for pointers sometime. I've always wanted to try spoon carving and now that I have large amounts of green sycamore at my disposal it might be time to try.

Jason