Fruit wood

Ray Scheufler

May 22, 2024, 9:25:46 AMMay 22
to Des Moines Hackerspace
Yet again, storm damage means I have fewer alive fruit trees. If anyone wants cherry, peach, or apple wood you are welcome to come by. It's all smaller stuff probably good to be cut into small bits for smoking meat.

Ray Scheufler

Jeff Hagerman

May 22, 2024, 2:15:37 PMMay 22
to Area515 (Woodworking Shop)
Oh HELL yes!!!
Is it piled and/or separated?

On Wed, May 22, 2024, 8:25 AM Ray Scheufler <dr.bob....@gmail.com> wrote:
Yet again, storm damage means I have fewer alive fruit trees. If anyone wants cherry, peach, or apple wood you are welcome to come by. It's all smaller stuff probably good to be cut into small bits for smoking meat.

Ray Scheufler

Chris Bustamante

May 22, 2024, 2:33:11 PMMay 22
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I'm definitely interested!

Ray Scheufler

May 22, 2024, 3:23:46 PMMay 22
to Des Moines Hackerspace
Yes piled... Just where mother nature left it. Most of it is apple wood. There is one cherry tree. The peach wood needs to be cut off the tree (it's split so pretty sure the branch won't survive). I've been dealing with the rest of the trees (anybody want silver maple?)

I won't plan on touching the fruit trees, I've got plenty to keep myself busy. I'll be around all weekend if you want to come and get some.  I'll email my address off list.

Ray Scheufler

PXL_20240522_191243202_GsZYpMkg9s.jpeg
PXL_20240522_191233553_pLOOgg725U.jpeg
PXL_20240522_191218678_BF0uPIga6T.jpeg
PXL_20240522_191256703_bzQHelaW0s.jpeg

Jeff Hagerman

May 22, 2024, 4:04:59 PMMay 22
to Area515 (Woodworking Shop)
May I help you if I bring a chainsaw?

Tom Rendon

May 22, 2024, 4:06:30 PMMay 22
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
I, too, am interested. When and how should we connect, with our without Jeff's chainsaw....I can bring mine too!!

Tom Rendon

May 22, 2024, 4:08:33 PMMay 22
to Des Moines Hackerspace
I've been getting offers of help. I think my plan now is to have Saturday be a work day. My goal before then (that I may not achieve) is to have all the little stuff cut away from the trunks so that it can be hauled (with exception of the fruit wood). If people are skilled with a chainsaw you are welcome to bring it and use it. I don't want to be teaching someone how to use a saw though. If people want to help by just dragging or carrying branches that's also helpful.

Ray Scheufler

Jeff Hagerman

May 22, 2024, 4:20:44 PMMay 22
to Area515 (Woodworking Shop)
Rather than hauling anything away, would you like me to bring a chipper/shredder, also?

Ray Scheufler

May 22, 2024, 4:57:55 PMMay 22
to Des Moines Hackerspace
Oh, that would be nice. Otherwise I was going to have a big fire (or hope Johnston organized a pickup).

For those curious about the damage, here is a photo album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Rjquknux3gKyGJ3K7

Ray Scheufler

Bailey Steinfadt

May 22, 2024, 8:20:51 PMMay 22
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Damn, that one looks like a widow maker…

I will be helping my sister clean out her flooded basement, but let me know if you need hauling later. Des Moines still has compost days and we can fill the truck up next month.

Bailey Steinfadt
runne...@gmail.com

Ray Scheufler

May 22, 2024, 8:23:30 PMMay 22
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, that one is going to be handled by professionals.  I'm good enough with a saw for branches and stuff on the ground.  Something that is precariously balanced is a no from me.

Ray Scheufler