Rotary 3 phase converter

Tony White

Feb 15, 2024, 11:08:35 PMFeb 15
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
   Hey all. I had a look at the 3 phase converter earlier tonight, and determined what we'll need to get our heavier machinery up and running.  In the process I made some rough wire connections between the controller and the rotor just to keep track of how things will need to be hooked up.  If anyone else attached to the project wants to pick up where I left off it should simplify things slightly.  We are short some hardware that we would need to finish the setup properly. If anyone is interested I could work up a shopping list of the stuff we still need.

David Champion

Feb 16, 2024, 12:05:36 AMFeb 16
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Tony. Let me know when you have some time to work on this again and we'll get the rest of the hardware together.

-dc

On Thu, Feb 15, 2024 at 10:08 PM Tony White <tony-...@hotmail.com> wrote:
   Hey all. I had a look at the 3 phase converter earlier tonight, and determined what we'll need to get our heavier machinery up and running.  In the process I made some rough wire connections between the controller and the rotor just to keep track of how things will need to be hooked up.  If anyone else attached to the project wants to pick up where I left off it should simplify things slightly.  We are short some hardware that we would need to finish the setup properly. If anyone is interested I could work up a shopping list of the stuff we still need.

David Champion

May 16, 2024, 11:38:29 PMMay 16
to dsmhackerspace
Update: installed some of the parts from the wiring kit we got. Still needs to have the monitor relay installed.

-dc

PXL_20240517_033514239.jpg
PXL_20240517_033544256.jpg

David Champion

Jun 20, 2024, 9:36:36 PM (13 days ago) Jun 20
to dsmhackerspace
Did some more work on the phase converter. Need to get some more wiring and a plug for the input side. Had Kirk and the other Kirk look at instructions with me, and it is possible that things are wired correctly.

We haven't installed the monitor relay, had a quick chat w/ Jason about how we would use that, the example in the instructions is if you're using something with an air pressure switch or over temperature switch you could have it kill power. Since we are using this as a "mobile" power converter for the mill or the surface grinder and possibly other equipment, not sure how we'd use that, or if we could wire in a big manual kill switch (this would be in addition to any kill switch on the mill etc).

-dc