Oyez, Oyez, Oyez!

F.M. Waterman

Jan 15, 2023, 10:03:38 PM1/15/23
to Area 515 Google Group
Greetings all,

Our friend and Makers Space member, Ryan Renze, his wife and children are planning on selling their current house in Ankeny in March.

In order to get their home ready to be shown, Ryan needs to get his shop (a double car garage) cleaned out, tout de suite!

To accomplish this feat, he has quite a number of treasures that may be of interest to any number of our members.  In fact, at Ryan's request, I went to his home and scored any number of treasures, not only for myself, but for Area 515 as well. And before anyone gets too excited about the 'treasures' I acquired for Area 515, I wish it to be known that I was extremely discriminating in my selections. I got several large casters which can be used to mobilize tools, etc., 4 rather large bearing assemblies which, if not used for Area515, may be of interest to some of our membership. These treasures were discreetly tucked away with the other metal shop materials.

Ryan also had a very nice mop bucket that I brought back with an eye toward replacing the mop bucket we currently have that is missing a spring. The mop wringing mechanism is in need of a handle, although it has a large bolt Ryan had been using that should work OK in the interim. I also found a couple of heavy-duty machine switches and a few odds and ends of an electrical/electronic nature that are in a box in the electronics lab.  Also in the electronics lab is a carbon monoxide detector in its own case that appears to be intact. Ryan was not certain if it is operational, but I thought that, as his schedule permits, Jason might be able to give it a look-see.

Also, Ryan had many plastic parts bins of varying sizes. I took 3 large trash bags full of these to my storage locker. I will probably put several of these to use, however, there's such a large number of these that any of our shops could have a fair number of them to help with overall organization. I am happy to keep them until such time as any of the stewards requests them. As my schedule permits, I will work on creating some sort of inventory,

If you think you might be interested in checking out what Ryan is disposing of, Ryan told me you should feel free to text him at (515) 689-9596. He works during the day, so he may not be able to return your text until after work.

Frank M Waterman
Qui cogitat mala facere malum sit, et magnum malum, ut illi qui mala!
(May evil befall those that think evil thoughts, and greater evil befall those who perform evil deeds!)