Moving our Milling machine

David Champion

Jan 31, 2023, 8:35:00 PM1/31/23
to dsmhackerspace
FYI, we are acquiring a milling machine (an Enco) that we need to move from Ankeny to the Makerspace soon. It weight about 2500 lbs.

There is a forklift at each site. Ideally a flatbed or trailer that would be the height of Jerry's dock would be best, or something with a lift gate. If we use a low flatbed trailer we'd need to figure out ramp to get it in the ground-level overhead door. Jerry's forklift won't go down the ramp to the over head door.

Let me know if you have any leads for us.

Thanks,

-dc

David Champion

Feb 2, 2023, 1:30:23 PM2/2/23
to dsmhackerspace
FYI, Darron, Ryan and I are picking up the milling machine at noon on Saturday, we'll be dropping it off at the makerspace sometime early afternoon.

We'll need to have access to the ramp, i.e. Matt we may need you to move your van. Also will need to be able to get a forklift into the overhead door.

Thanks,

-dc