Error when running Fiber Tracking

Ada C

Nov 29, 2021, 9:18:59 AM11/29/21
to DSI Studio
Hi,

I'm a newcomer to DSI studio, and It's a wonderful software which helped me a lot!

Now I'm trying to use DSI Studio to merge two dMRI scans with different b-values and then do the fiber tracking, so I followed the instructions in document "10 Optional: Aggregating multiple scans", where two scans acquired at different time points.

I thought two registration results (both dMRIs to T1) seems OK, and I could finish step T2 without any error message, which reported "FIB file created." However, when I use the FIB file to run step T3, it gave out an error message  "failed to create surrogate FIB file." I tried for multiple times and for both on and off the option "Check b-table" (when generating FIB file in step T2) but all files generated didn't work for step T3. I also checked that my storage for the output should be enough, so I couldn't figure out what's going wrong.

Hope someone can give me a hint for this error. Thanks!

Best,
Ada

Frank Yeh

Nov 29, 2021, 10:28:46 AM11/29/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ada,

Do you have the write permission at the folder where the FIB file
was opened?
This error is because DSI Studio could not create an new file with
the FIB file.

If this does not helps identify the problem, please send me the
FIB file, and I will fix DSI Studio asap.

Best regards,
Frank

Ada

Dec 2, 2021, 8:33:21 PM12/2/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I've checked that I actually had the write permission at the target folder, for DSI Studio can generate files in the same directory.

The FIB file is too large for an attachment, so here is the link of the file:

Sorry for the inconvenience and much thanks!

Best,
Ada

Dec 2, 2021, 10:35:14 PM12/2/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
I am sorry that it appears to be a bug in DSI Studio and I fixed it.
Please update DSI Studio from the latest release at
https://github.com/frankyeh/DSI-Studio/releases
Also makes sure to remove any existing surrogate FIB files (*.fibs.gz).

Also, it seems that the b-table of your data is swapped, and thus the
fiber orientations in your FIB file are not correct. You may need to
enable "check b-table" in Step T2b.
There are also additional steps needed for animal studies:
http://dsi-studio.labsolver.org/Manual/Reconstruction#TOC-Preprocessing-steps-for-animal-scans

Best,
Frank

On Thu, Dec 2, 2021 at 8:33 PM 'Ada' via DSI Studio