False tracks

Yasemin Hasimoglu

Mar 30, 2021, 11:45:22 AM3/30/21
to DSI Studio
Hi,

I ran a connectometry analysis on DSI Studio and I'm looking at the resulting tracks using [Tracts][Miscellaneous][Recognize and Cluster]. When I do this I noticed that some tracks get classified as "false tracks". What does this mean and can I still report those tracks in my results?

Best,
Yasemin

Frank Yeh

Mar 30, 2021, 1:01:36 PM3/30/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Connectometry usually shows only a segment of the pathway, and thus
the tracks can be reported as "anatomically-false" because the
algorithm may view them as "prematurely-terminated".
Sometimes I will put ROI at the location of the findings to figure out
which anatomical pathways are involved.
Hope this helps answer your question.
Best,
Frank