Different result from different systems

Jiahe WU

Mar 27, 2024, 1:25:03 AMMar 27
to DSI Studio
Hi Frank,

I'm currently working on correlational tractography, but I've encountered discrepancies in the results obtained from different systems (Windows 11 and Linux).

Here are the results from Windows 11:
Win11.png

Here are the results from Linux:
Linux.jpg

I'm puzzled by these inconsistencies and uncertain about which one to report. Could you please provide some guidance or advice on how to proceed?

Best,
Jiahe

Frank Yeh

Mar 27, 2024, 5:16:32 PMMar 27
to hw202...@gmail.com, DSI Studio
Did the console output identical?
(You may click on the console button to get the internal messages)

On Wed, Mar 27, 2024 at 1:25 AM Jiahe WU <hw202...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Frank,
>
> I'm currently working on correlational tractography, but I've encountered discrepancies in the results obtained from different systems (Windows 11 and Linux).
>
> Here are the results from Windows 11:
>

> Here are the results from Linux:
>
> I'm puzzled by these inconsistencies and uncertain about which one to report. Could you please provide some guidance or advice on how to proceed?
>
> Best,
> Jiahe

Jiahe WU

Mar 28, 2024, 11:10:19 PMMar 28
to DSI Studio

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your advice!

I checked the console outputs from windows11 and Linux, here are the differences I observed:

(1)  In Windows 11:

| | openGL information

| | version: 4.6.0 - Build 31.0.101.4953

| | vendor: Intel

| | renderer: Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics

In Linux:

| | version: 4.5 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 22.0.5

| | vendor: Mesa/X.org

| | renderer: llvmpipe (LLVM 13.0.1, 256 bits)

(2)

In Windows11:

| add 8100 voxel(s) as a region with image size: (197,233,189) resolution: 1 1 1

In Linux:

| add 1685 voxel(s) as a region with image size: (197,233,189) resolution: 1 1 1

Regarding the results, which one would you recommend?

Additionally, I noticed that the databases created by these two systems are slightly different, despite the console outputs for creating the databases being the same.

Best,

Jiahe

Frank Yeh

Mar 30, 2024, 11:23:58 AMMar 30
to hw202...@gmail.com, DSI Studio
The voxel count is very different. I would suggest you use the same.db.fib.gz file to check the consistency first.

Jiahe WU

Apr 2, 2024, 10:02:58 AMApr 2
to DSI Studio
Hi Frank,

I used the same db.fib.gz file on windows11 and Linux, here are the differences I observed:

(1)  I used the db.fib.gz file generated from the Windows 11:

In Windows 11:
| | openGL information
| | version: 4.6.0 - Build 31.0.101.4953
| | vendor: Intel
| | renderer: Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics

| add 8100 voxel(s) as a region with image size: (197,233,189) resolution: 1 1 1

In Linux:
| | version: 4.5 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 22.0.5
| | vendor: Mesa/X.org
| | renderer: llvmpipe (LLVM 13.0.1, 256 bits)

| add 10114 voxel(s) as a region with image size: (197,233,189) resolution: 1 1 1

(2)   I used the db.fib.gz file generated from the Linux:

In Windows11:
| add 589 voxel(s) as a region with image size: (197,233,189) resolution: 1 1 1

In Linux:
| add 1685 voxel(s) as a region with image size: (197,233,189) resolution: 1 1 1

Based on these differences, I'm quite puzzled about which results and systems to use. Could you provide me with some advice?

Best,
Jiahe

Frank Yeh

Apr 2, 2024, 10:05:52 AMApr 2
to hw202...@gmail.com, DSI Studio
If you can send the db.fib.gz files and demographics to me (using the private link provided on the website). I can help finding the cause and recommend the best approach.

Best,
Frank