DSI Studio Crashes while trying to upload .trk files

Anoosha Pai

Apr 2, 2024, 8:31:41 PMApr 2
to DSI Studio
Hi,

I have been using DSI studio for tractography visualization and it did work great so far. It has recently not been able to load any .trk files (even with as few as 10 streamlines). When I try to load a file, it freezes: Not responding.

I have tried both the GPU and the CPU version, but in vain.

Appreciate any help.

Frank Yeh

Apr 2, 2024, 8:35:58 PMApr 2
to Anoosha Pai, DSI Studio
You may try restoring the rendering settings and see if it fixes the problem.

The function is at the top menu under options.

Frank Yeh

Apr 2, 2024, 11:29:10 PMApr 2
to Anoosha Pai, DSI Studio
You may check out tutorial videos at https://practicum.labsolver.org/ about how to load FIB files and trk files.
Best regards,
Frank

On Tue, Apr 2, 2024 at 8:55 PM Anoosha Pai <anoos...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Frank,

This is what I get when I try to load any file to get to the main window. Please Advise.
image.png
--
Anoosha Pai S (she/her/hers)
PhD Student in Bioengineering, Stanford University, USA

Frank Yeh

Apr 3, 2024, 8:51:40 AMApr 3
to Anoosha Pai, DSI Studio
There is a [Reset All] button at the [Tools] tab. See if it helps solve the issue.
If not, you may try opening the trk using a different computer to tell if the issue is with the file or the computer.
Frank

On Tue, Apr 2, 2024 at 11:45 PM Anoosha Pai <anoos...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks!

I work with DTI for skeletal muscles and not the brain. So I do not have FIB files since I have processed the Tractograms in a custom code. I just have the .trk tractogram files. If I try to open my .trk files, the program does not respond. It all worked very well until 2days ago.

I am not sure what is wrong.  Appreciate any help.

Best
Anoosha

Anoosha Pai

Anoosha Pai