Cortical to subcortical areas tracks

Alberto Benelli

May 19, 2022, 2:22:28 PM5/19/22
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Frank,

I’ve selected 3 cortical areas as SEED and then I’ve run the fiber tracking command to show all the common fibres.

How can I know where the fibres tracks, at subcortical areas level, have arrived? How can I find how many fibers relating cortical seeds to subcortical areas?

Thank you

Alberto Benelli
Psychologist | Ph.D. Student
Siena Brain Investigation and Neuromodulation Lab
University of Florence
Phone n°: +3349483135

Frank Yeh

May 19, 2022, 2:27:26 PM5/19/22
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com

How can I know where the fibres tracks, at subcortical areas level, have arrived?

[Tracts][Endpoint to ROI]

How can I find how many fibers relating cortical seeds to subcortical areas?

Set the region type to ROI
[Tracts][Filter Tracts by ...]

Thank you

Alberto Benelli
Psychologist | Ph.D. Student
Siena Brain Investigation and Neuromodulation Lab
University of Florence
Phone n°: +3349483135

Alberto Benelli

May 20, 2022, 5:39:51 AM5/20/22
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Ok, thank you.

Once selected endpoints to roi option, how can I can find the labels for each endpoint region? I want to know if tracks touch striatum, globus pallidus etc.

Finally, I should extract fibres tracks atlas, for cortical and subcortical areas, where can I do that?

Thanks

On 19 May 2022, at 20:26, Frank Yeh <fran...@gmail.com> wrote:

How can I know where the fibres tracks, at subcortical areas level, have arrived?

[Tracts][Endpoint to ROI]

How can I find how many fibers relating cortical seeds to subcortical areas?

Set the region type to ROI
[Tracts][Filter Tracts by ...]

<Screenshot 2022-05-19 at 20.16.33.png>

Thank you

Alberto Benelli
Psychologist | Ph.D. Student
Siena Brain Investigation and Neuromodulation Lab
University of Florence
Phone n°: +3349483135

Frank Yeh

May 20, 2022, 10:21:57 AM5/20/22
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
> Once selected endpoints to roi option, how can I can find the labels for each endpoint region? I want to know if tracks touch striatum, globus pallidus etc.

You would need to save endpoints as a text file using [Tracts][Save
Tract Endpoints as] and process the data using MATLAB or python.

> Finally, I should extract fibres tracks atlas, for cortical and subcortical areas, where can I do that?

To save tracks, use the [Tracts][Save Tracts] menu.
To save regions, use the [Regions] menu.
Frank