Autotrack in a patient with a big lesion...

Gonzalo Rojas Costa

Nov 29, 2023, 12:26:04 PM11/29/23
to DSI Studio
Hi:

I have a 256 diffusion gradient directions acquisition in a patient with a big occipital right hemisphere lesion (3T Siemens Skyra MRI equipment). I tried to get the Left and Right Optic Radiation using the Autotrack option, but I got both radiations without fiber (left side with 31 deleted fibers). Why? How can I get the optic radiation?

Sincerely,

Gonzalo Rojas Costa

Frank Yeh

Nov 29, 2023, 12:32:38 PM11/29/23
to gonzalo.r...@gmail.com, DSI Studio
Please refer to the tutorial videos at https://practicum.labsolver.org/wmt.html or the week 2 video at https://practicum.labsolver.org
You may need to increase the total tract or seed count.

Gonzalo Rojas Costa

Nov 29, 2023, 1:00:50 PM11/29/23
to DSI Studio
I tried the tricks that appeared on the web pages that you sent me, but I didn't get any good results. I think that autotrack does a corregistration between DWI and an atlas image to create the tracks. Maybe the big right ventricle and a big lesion of the patient generate an error between that corregistration (DWI-atlas)?

Sincerely,

Gonzalo Rojas Costa

Frank Yeh

Nov 29, 2023, 1:51:06 PM11/29/23
to gonzalo.r...@gmail.com, DSI Studio
You are right. There is the limitation of the registration method.
Likely that the lesion size is too big, and auto track is not able to handle it.
In this case, manual tracking may be the only route.
Best regards,
Frank