ICBM Atlas and FSDKT ROI

Nicole Seider

May 17, 2023, 11:12:37 AM5/17/23
to DSI Studio
Hey Frank,

I was exploring the atlases shared with DSI Studio. I opened up the ICBM152_adult.fib.gz and visualized it's attached T1w (ICBM152_adult.T1W.nii.gz), then loaded up some ROI from FreeSurferDKT_Cortical.nii.gz and FreeSurferDKT_Subcortical.nii.gz. I've got the pre and postcentral gyri visualized, along with the thalamus left/right. You can see from the screenshots attached that the ROI are not quite in the correct location. Are these FreeSurfer ROI meant to be in ICBM152 space?

DSI Studio Version: May 5 2023
All files location: /Applications/dsi_studio.app/Contents/MacOS/atlas/ICBM152_adult/

Thanks,
Nicole Seider
Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 9.51.52 AM.png

Fang-Cheng Yeh

May 17, 2023, 2:52:22 PM5/17/23
to sei...@gmail.com, DSI Studio
They are only proximate, and you may consider using the FreesurferSeg.
Frank