Creation of a new .fib file

Alexis Bonis

Mar 22, 2024, 9:58:14 AMMar 22
to DSI Studio
Hi Frank,

We produce our own tensor file from another software, and we would like now to import it in DSI Studio.
We saw the documentation about the Data Import/Export in Matlab.
But we face a problem with -v4 format in Matlab. This format seems to be deprecated in recents Matlab versions.
For example we have the following warning message in Matlab for fa0 and dir0 :
"Warning: Variable 'fa0' was not saved. For variable of type 'double' use MAT-file
version 6 or later."
Would you have advice or any solution to our problem ?

Best regards,
Bonis Alexis

Frank Yeh

Mar 22, 2024, 10:00:02 AMMar 22
to alexis.b...@gmail.com, DSI Studio
Change the matrix type from double to float should solve this problem.
Frank

Alexis Bonis

Mar 22, 2024, 3:05:03 PMMar 22
to DSI Studio
Thanks a lot for your fast reply,

but I've got the same warnings, even with float type :
"Warning: Variable 'fa0_single' was not saved. For variable of type 'single' use

MAT-file version 6 or later."
Can it be a problem of dimensions ?

Thanks again,
Bonis Alexis

Frank Yeh

Mar 22, 2024, 3:12:52 PMMar 22
to alexis.b...@gmail.com, DSI Studio
It could be. I would suggest checking out examples at
https://dsi-studio.labsolver.org/doc/cli_data.html
Hopefully it provides a clue to the problem here.
Frank
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dsi-studio/e82de4ed-7310-4323-814c-9082700381d7n%40googlegroups.com.

Alexis Bonis

Mar 28, 2024, 11:10:21 PMMar 28
to DSI Studio
Hello Frank,

I'm sorry for my very late reply, but I tried a lot of different things in order to understand the problem, and it seems that it's a problem of dimensions.

I think Matlab can only save 2D Matrix, but dir0 and fa0 are in 4D and 3D respectively ? dir0 is the first eigenvector for every voxel (in my case, it have 76x224x42x3 as it's dimension), and fa0 also have one value by voxel computed with eigenvalues (in my case, it have 76x224x42 as it's dimension) ?

I tried to investigate the dimensions of fa0 with a valid .fib file (with the Matlab Tutorial you showed me and a .fib file I have created with the DSI Studio GUI) and it's seems that it is 17024x42.

So do I need to convert it in 2D ? If yes, is there any method to do so ?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Best regards,
Bonis Alexis

Frank Yeh