FDR testing: Volume or Number of Tracts?

Mark Pinsk

Jan 6, 2023, 5:12:46 PM1/6/23
to DSI Studio
Hi Frank

Curious if you think FDR  testing should be done on volume or number of tracts?

I see here, at very bottom of page, you mention volume:

I don't have a sham scan, so I am calculating FDR based on increase in QA.

thx
Mark

Fang-Cheng Yeh

Jan 6, 2023, 6:55:08 PM1/6/23
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
I would prefer volume because it is not a simulated quantity (as opposed to track counts).
Frank

Mark Pinsk

Jan 6, 2023, 7:21:54 PM1/6/23
to DSI Studio
That makes sense.

I'm also seeing consistently higher FDR values (often >0.2) for FA compared to QA (often <0.2).  Is that something you would expect?

This data is single-shell b=1K 90 directions.   I get many more tracts for QA too, which I assume is because it is a fiber-specific metric unlike FA.

Fang-Cheng Yeh

Jan 6, 2023, 7:30:44 PM1/6/23
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
It depends on the studies. Some disease conditions may be more sensitive to FA.
Frank