Subject-level stats from CLI correlational tractography

4 views
Skip to first unread message

Hannah Lindsey

unread,
Sep 26, 2026, 6:41:14 PM (6 days ago) Sep 26
to DSI Studio
Frank,

When correlational tractography completes in the GUI, I'm able to see the results in Step C3f: View Results in 3D and extract group-level t-statistics and subject-level stats for ALL metrics from there (e.g., mean_qa, mean_rdi, mean_vol, etc. of the resulting clusters for each subject), regardless of the study index used, which is super convenient.

I'm unable to do this when correlational tractography is performed using CLI, however, because subject-level stats aren't included in the t-statistic.fz file (which makes sense), but also when the database file is opened in Step 3: Fiber Tracking, the only metric that can be exported is QA.  This is especially problematic if the study index from correlational tractography is something other than QA and subject-level metrics are needed. 

If I remember correctly, I used to be able to export subject-level stats from whatever index was used when correlational tractography was performed, but that may have only been when a separate database file was required for each index...

Is there a work around to this, or is this something that can be included in a future software update?

Thanks!
Hannah

Frank Yeh

unread,
Sep 26, 2026, 8:20:47 PM (6 days ago) Sep 26
to lindse...@gmail.com, DSI Studio
I am reviewing the code and will fix it. Could you send me the database file?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DSI Studio" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dsi-studio+...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dsi-studio/4e555074-9690-4539-847f-f1c3fbc6b0c6n%40googlegroups.com.

Hannah Lindsey

unread,
Sep 26, 2026, 8:29:36 PM (6 days ago) Sep 26
to Frank Yeh, DSI Studio
Yes. I'm uploading "ipv.dz" for this now.

__________________________________________
Hannah M. Lindsey, PhD
Research Associate
TBI and Concussion Center
Department of Neurology
University of Utah

Frank Yeh

unread,
Sep 26, 2026, 9:12:15 PM (6 days ago) Sep 26
to lindse...@gmail.com, DSI Studio
I opened the dz file you loaded at Step T3 Fiber tracking and tried
region statistics and tract statistics. Both export subject-level qa
and other metrics. The other metrics are following the QA.
You may try after updating DSI Studio and see if it works on your end.
Frank

Hannah Lindsey

unread,
Sep 27, 2026, 9:34:20 PM (5 days ago) Sep 27
to DSI Studio
It works now. Thank you!!
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages