White matter bundle connections

Mark Vernon

Jun 17, 2024, 1:45:36 PMJun 17
to DSI Studio
Hello,

I've run a correlational tractography analysis and observed many results.  I'm interested in tracts/bundles which connect one or more region(s) of interest, particularly the insula.  I've tried using the ROI-based fiber tracking, but I'm not sure if tracts/bundles anatomically connect to the ROI (insula in my case) or if the tracts just happen to pass close to the ROI.

Does anyone know of an atlas/references which describe information about major tract bundles and which cortical (or subcortical) regions they connect to?  Or even evidence suggesting connections if there is some uncertainty?

Thanks for any of your help!
Mark

Frank Yeh

Jun 17, 2024, 2:01:51 PMJun 17
to maver...@gmail.com, DSI Studio
Does anyone know of an atlas/references which describe information about major tract bundles and which cortical (or subcortical) regions they connect to?  Or even evidence suggesting connections if there is some uncertainty?

Thanks for any of your help!
Mark

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Mark Vernon

Jun 20, 2024, 9:15:25 PMJun 20
to DSI Studio
Is there a general rule-of-thumb for exclusion/inclusion threshold for if a white matter tract connects to a region?  85%? 90%

Not sure what most people use.

Thanks again!
Mark

Mark Vernon

Jun 20, 2024, 9:15:27 PMJun 20
to DSI Studio
This is great thank you!

Frank Yeh

Jun 20, 2024, 9:22:13 PMJun 20
to maver...@gmail.com, DSI Studio
The exact value depends on the tract and also the data quality.
wk3 video covers some recommendations: practicum.labsolver.org