Tractography

Arian Klows

Sep 10, 2021, 4:15:43 PM9/10/21
to DSI Studio
Hi folks,

I am planning to run the tractography using DSI studio for a project.

I would really appreciate if you could answer my following questions.

1. I've the dicom data downloaded from neuroimaging site.

I used step 1, open source images and loaded the dicom files.

Can I proceed with tractography? Like continue to step 2, 3 etc...
Or should I worry about eddy current correction?

2. I found two options for reconstruction.
            1. GQI and 2. QSDR

What's the ideal option for tractography approaches?

3. I was exploring this software and found  "enable tractography" option (very cool with a lot of tracts!!).

From which atlas "enable tractography" tracts have been loaded?

Also, for research/publication purpose, is it ideal to use that option  to run the tractography in multiple subjects?

Thanks,

Frank Yeh

Sep 10, 2021, 5:07:57 PM9/10/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com

You may need to check if the data have a lot of eddy current distortion: http://dsi-studio.labsolver.org/Manual/Parse-DICOM#TOC-Quality-Inspection

2. I found two options for reconstruction.
            1. GQI and 2. QSDR

What's the ideal option for tractography approaches?

The choice depends on which analysis methods you choose: http://dsi-studio.labsolver.org/Manual/how-to-analyze-diffusion-data
GQI is for native space analysis, whereas QSDR is for MNI-space analysis.

3. I was exploring this software and found  "enable tractography" option (very cool with a lot of tracts!!).

From which atlas "enable tractography" tracts have been loaded?

Also, for research/publication purpose, is it ideal to use that option  to run the tractography in multiple subjects?

Best,
Frank

Thanks,

Arian Klows

Sep 11, 2021, 10:05:36 AM9/11/21
to DSI Studio

Thank you so much for the helpful info. Much appreciated!