Eddy Correction without fieldmap

Gabriel Nasr

Jul 5, 2024, 1:02:16 PMJul 5
to DSI Studio
Good day,

When completing DTI scans, we did not acquire any fieldmaps. FSL requires field maps to perform Eddy Correction. I understand that DSI Studio uses FSL to correct images for Eddy Current Distortion, and when we perform the correction in DSI, the image is indeed changed.
Since we do not have any field maps, what is DSI Studio doing to the image or how is DSI/FSL performing Eddy Correction?

Best,

Gabriel

Frank Yeh

Jul 5, 2024, 4:13:40 PMJul 5
to gn...@ualberta.ca, DSI Studio

To the best ofy knowledge, FSL's "eddy" does need a field map.