Step T2b - Choosing a reconstruction method

Lisa Marie M.

Jan 23, 2023, 8:51:15 AM1/23/23
to DSI Studio
Hi,

I'm new to DSI Studio and have a question about choosing the reconstruction method for step T2b. I am using data for my master thesis that only has a b-value of 1000 s/mm² and 32 directions but the data is clean, of good quality and only has healthy subjects. Is it worth choosing GQI in this case? We are not sure if the parameters are optimal.
I have attached screenshots of the reconstruction with different diffusion sampling length ratios.

Thank you, in advance, for your advice!
GQI_1.95 .jpg
GQI_1.25 .jpg
GQI_1.50 .jpg
GQI_1.00 .jpg
GQI_1.80 .jpg

Fang-Cheng Yeh

Jan 23, 2023, 9:00:01 AM1/23/23
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
And this low bvalue it doesn't make much of a difference.

You may use the default number number and it should be good.

Best regards
Frank

Lisa Marie M.

Jan 23, 2023, 10:02:38 AM1/23/23
to DSI Studio
Thanks for the quick answer!
So that means it is fine to use GQI with only 32 directions if the quality of the data is good? I'm asking because I read that at least 60 directions are recommended in most cases.

Fang-Cheng Yeh

Jan 23, 2023, 10:24:41 AM1/23/23
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it is fine nut fewer directions or lower b value may not be ideal for tractography.
Frank