DSI studio latest version crashes

Maja Nikolova

Dec 1, 2021, 8:31:45 AM12/1/21
to DSI Studio
Dear Frank,

I am using the latest version of DSI studio for Fiber tracking connectometry on whole brain. DSI studio consistently crashes at some point of the process, without a message.
I also use the latest Windows 10.
Please help me to fix this problem.

Thanks
Maya

Frank Yeh

Dec 1, 2021, 11:51:50 AM12/1/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Maya,

    Sorry about the issue. Could you upload a sample data and let me the exact steps that caused the crash?

    I will fix it asap.

Best regards,
Frank

Maja Nikolova

Dec 1, 2021, 2:47:02 PM12/1/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Frank , thanx for your reply ,my steps are :
1. add my FIB file ,
2. setting parameters (82 000 000) seeds, angular 45, step length min 20 - max 500 and treshehold 0.15
3. click Fiber Tracking - and i wait for whole brain tractography
4. In the middle of process DSI is crashes

Hier is sample data, pls help me :(
Best regards,
Maja

CMAT.nii.gz
BO-BO_1.src.gz.dti.fib.gz

Frank Yeh

Dec 1, 2021, 3:48:29 PM12/1/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
It ran okay on my side, but the entire tracts took more than 12GB memory.
The entire system then had ~30 GB in use.
If your hardware is not good enough (more than 32GB memory) to host such a large number of tracts, likely DSI Studio may crash.
Frank

Maja Nikolova

Dec 1, 2021, 4:00:30 PM12/1/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
This is my memory on my i5 , but previous i do all staffs in my pc after reinstalling win and instaling new version of DSI
I have this issue

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "DSI Studio" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dsi-studio/CAG_QrtJY%2BpLCW2B6GQfTWLXE_EeCY_X5PsYvLuAKrJWnardWGg%40mail.gmail.com.
to frank.jpg

Frank Yeh

Dec 1, 2021, 5:19:17 PM12/1/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, it seems that your hardware setting is not enough to hold up large amount of tracks.
Frank

Maja Nikolova

Dec 1, 2021, 5:46:02 PM12/1/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com