Connectometry output

Alberto Benelli

Sep 12, 2022, 6:50:45 AM9/12/22
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I performed a connectometry study with both healthy subjects and patients, using the presence of disease as demographic variable (1= presence and = absence).
There are 2 different output:
  1. Tracks with QA positively correlated with disease presence
  2. Tracks with QA negatively correlated with disease presence

I don’t know how to interpret these outputs.

Point 1 says that track integrity is correlated to disease presence?
Point 2 says that track integrity is correlated to disease absence?

Thank you for your support

Alberto Benelli
Psychologist | Ph.D. Student
Siena Brain Investigation and Neuromodulation Lab
University of Florence
Phone n°: +3349483135

Fang-Cheng Yeh

Sep 12, 2022, 9:58:00 AM9/12/22
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 6:50 AM Alberto Benelli
<albertob...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I performed a connectometry study with both healthy subjects and patients, using the presence of disease as demographic variable (1= presence and = absence).
> There are 2 different output:
>
> Tracks with QA positively correlated with disease presence
> Tracks with QA negatively correlated with disease presence
>

> I don’t know how to interpret these outputs.
>
> Point 1 says that track integrity is correlated to disease presence?

disease presence -> higher QA

> Point 2 says that track integrity is correlated to disease absence?

disease presence -> lower QA

> Thank you for your support
>

> Alberto Benelli
> Psychologist | Ph.D. Student
> Siena Brain Investigation and Neuromodulation Lab
> University of Florence
> Phone n°: +3349483135

Alberto Benelli

Sep 12, 2022, 10:19:53 AM9/12/22
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
I don’t understand.

If QA is positively correlated to Disease, what does it mean?
If QA is negatively correlated to Disease, what does it mean?

Alberto Benelli
Psychologist | Ph.D. Student
Siena Brain Investigation and Neuromodulation Lab
University of Florence
Phone n°: +3349483135

Fang-Cheng Yeh

Sep 12, 2022, 10:32:22 AM9/12/22
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
You may find some answers here:
https://dsi-studio.labsolver.org/doc/how_to_interpret_dmri.html
Frank

On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 10:19 AM Alberto Benelli
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dsi-studio/A7467ACE-66CA-4CD7-9557-109F3B0B139C%40gmail.com.

Alberto Benelli

Sep 13, 2022, 3:42:43 AM9/13/22
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Frank,

is it possibile perform a group connectometry analysis visualizing FA instead of QA?

Thanks again

Fang-Cheng Yeh

Sep 13, 2022, 8:41:36 AM9/13/22
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com