Connectometry with non-isotropic DKI data

Cristina A. F. Roman

Oct 19, 2021, 5:55:13 PM10/19/21
to DSI Studio
Hello DSI Community-

We have access to a dMRI dataset (30 directions, 3 diffusion weightings (0, 1000, 2000) that was collected non-isotropically (2.3 x 2.3 x 3.0). Since the connectometry pipeline reconstructs the data into HCP1065 2-mm prior to tractography, is it necessary to resample the data to isotropic voxels for pre-processing and connectometry analyses? Or can we pre-process it as is and then let the connectometry pipeline take care of the resampling?

Any other things we should consider given our non-isotropic data or parameters?

Thank you,
Cristina

Frank Yeh

Oct 19, 2021, 8:59:28 PM10/19/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cristina,

    QSDR has built-in resampling so you can use it as is.

Best,
Frank

Cristina A. F. Román

Oct 21, 2021, 11:42:02 AM10/21/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much, Frank!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "DSI Studio" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dsi-studio/CAG_QrtLpe0gAqSkX1zdwhb3gLLy3c6ZnoBQ3WcXQXpm9CY2WDg%40mail.gmail.com.

--
Cristina A. F. Román, Ph.D.

National MS Society Fellow

Neuropsychology and Neuroscience Lab

Kessler Foundation

pronouns: she/her/ella

1199 Pleasant Valley Way

West Orange, NJ 07052

P. 973.965.6637
Twitter: @CristinaAFRoman

We cannot seek achievement for ourselves and forget about progress and prosperity for our

community…Our ambitions must be broad enough to include the aspirations and needs of others,

for their sakes and for our own.”

-César Chávez

Confidentiality Notice

The information in this email is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited, and you are requested to please notify us immediately by telephone or email, and destroy the original message.