limit number of threads / cores across entire run?

Daniel Drucker

Sep 16, 2022, 12:16:33 PM9/16/22
to DSI Studio
Hi,
I have users running dsi studio on our (SGE-based) cluster. It looks to me like some portions of dsi studio have the ability to limit the number of threads/cores that are spawned/used, but not all?
How can users limit dsi studio's use of cores so they don't use more than the job is entitled to?

Daniel Drucker

Daniel Drucker

Sep 16, 2022, 12:19:53 PM9/16/22
to DSI Studio
Is this --thread_count ?

Daniel Drucker

Sep 21, 2022, 1:44:36 PM9/21/22
to DSI Studio
--thread_count doesn't seem to be having an effect, and neither does setting OMP_NUM_THREADS. Is there something else We can do to make dsi studio play nicely on a cluster?

Daniel Drucker

Sep 21, 2022, 1:45:11 PM9/21/22
to DSI Studio
We're seeing it using all cores in --action=atk.

Fang-Cheng Yeh

Sep 22, 2022, 11:41:20 PM9/22/22
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
I just did a code review. The most updated version should take  --thread_count  during --action=atk
Frank

Daniel Drucker

Sep 23, 2022, 8:58:14 AM9/23/22
to DSI Studio
Aha! Yes, updating from April 2022 to September fixed this issue.

Thanks.