Adding a new template for children's DTI data

Xiaocong Chen

Jun 1, 2023, 10:47:13 AM6/1/23
to DSI Studio
Hi,

I am a new user of the software DSI Studio. I am currently analyzing some DTI data from children aged 6-12. I want to use a new template derived from the T1w children's image template from an early study. I checked the manual, which shows that [O6: Linear registration box] could be used to generate a new template from the T1w template . But when I opened the fib. file with the latest version of the DSI studio, I did not figure out where this option is located (The manual seems to suggest that there should be a button called "Tools", but I did not find it at the top of the window).

I also want to seek some suggestions about my case. Is it also better to use a customized children template in the STEP2 reconstruction? I currently used the default ICBM152_adult template in that step.

Best,
Horace

Fang-Cheng Yeh

Jun 1, 2023, 12:21:06 PM6/1/23
to felcs...@gmail.com, DSI Studio
Most of the analysis won't require you to use a children's template
because it is still a human brain. Only the size is very different,
and the major sulci and gyrus are still consistent.
You may consider using the existing dHCP neonate space. I would avoid
creating a template on my own.
Just my two cents.
Frank