"longitudinal change" sign of results

Daniel

Jun 14, 2024, 3:36:53 PMJun 14
to DSI Studio
Hi there,
I have a longitudinal "decrease" result, but when I pull the mean values from the database they are mostly positive. Is there a better way to investigate the underlying data, and perhaps plot?

Thank you,
Daniel

Frank Yeh

Jun 14, 2024, 3:40:00 PMJun 14
to danieljam...@gmail.com, DSI Studio
If you select 'filter decrease' when creating the longitudinal database, then the positive value will be zeroed and negative values changed to positive.

This you may need to pull from no filtered database.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Frank

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Daniel

Jun 15, 2024, 4:04:14 PMJun 15
to DSI Studio
I ran a longitudinal analysis which showed a "decrease" in tracts in [follow up-baseline]. My intuition is that the values of the "difference" database in these tracts should be negative.

However, applying the resulting tracts to the "positive" and "negative" filtered data helps with some insights. There is a lot of positive and negative change across the brain, and please correct me if I'm mistaken: correlational tractography tries to find the longest continuous tracts of either positive or negative change when doing "longitudinal change" as term of interest, permuting the sign of the data to determine a null distribution and compute FDR.

For display/reporting purposes, I'm hoping to plot something about the tracts that were identified that is more accessible to someone who is less familiar with the procedure. My first intuition was the mean QA of the tracts, but because there are areas of positive/negative change, the mean of the tracts is very close to 0 or even positive, which does not align with the intuition (and is not technically how the tract was determined). What is a good measure that describes the found tracts? Length? Number of pos/neg voxels?

Thanks for your help.

Daniel

Daniel

Jun 15, 2024, 4:04:17 PMJun 15
to DSI Studio
Is the suggestion to pull the filtered data using the result of regular database? Or re-calculate the result using the filtered dataset and apply it to the unfiltered?

I don't see the utility in reporting the mean of only the negative-valued parts of the tracts - shouldn't the tracts be negative?

Daniel

Jun 15, 2024, 4:04:20 PMJun 15
to DSI Studio
Okay, it seems doable.

Yet, DSI studio can calculate the "decrease" just fine in correlational tractography - does it have to do with the calculating the length of tracts? mean of these "decrease" tracts are in fact positive?

Just confirming that the "longitudinal change" is essentially a 1-sided t-test of the difference scores? or something else?

DSI Studio

Jun 15, 2024, 6:10:42 PMJun 15
to DSI Studio
Sorry I am not very sure about the questions here.
Perhaps you may check out previous threads about "connectometry" and "filter" function in the updated DSI Studio: https://groups.google.com/g/dsi-studio/search?q=connectometry%20filter
Likely we are talking about different things due to version differences.

Best regards,
Frank