Differential Tractography Tract Color Rendering: Scaling by dec_qa

Noah Mehringer

Jul 26, 2021, 8:15:40 AM7/26/21
to DSI Studio
Hello,

I'm attempting to create clear figures out of my differential tractogram results by color-coding the tracts according decreased QA (dec_qa). This figure from your differential tractography paper looks fantastic:

DiffTract_Fig.JPG
However, when I scale the tract color, I'm not sure what my scale means: TractColor_dec_qa.JPG
The minimum is 0, and the maximum is 3.5, but is this a decrease in the actual value of QA or a percentage change? I'd like to change the color scale so that the min. value (blue) is 15% (the QA change threshold I used) and the max. value (red) is something near 100%.

Additional question: When rendering color, do you prefer to use the 'Max Index', 'Averaged Index', or 'Local Index' in certain situations?

Thank you for your time!
Noah

Frank Yeh

Jul 26, 2021, 9:18:12 AM7/26/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
max=1.0 and min=0.15

Additional question: When rendering color, do you prefer to use the 'Max Index', 'Averaged Index', or 'Local Index' in certain situations?

Local index is more informative.
Frank

Thank you for your time!
Noah