Change color of multiple regions at once

Daniel Barbosa

Mar 27, 2020, 4:34:47 AM3/27/20
to DSI Studio
Hi,

I've been using DSI studio for tractography and I love its 3D viewer. There's only one very annoying issue that is impeding me to use it for a work with 949 small Regions of interest. When I load them, each one comes in a different color. To make a figure for my paper I need to have all of them in the same color, or group them in 8 groups with a different color per group. Has anyone find a solution for this?

Thank you,
Dan

Fang-Cheng Yeh

Mar 27, 2020, 10:10:26 AM3/27/20
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

    I can open up an interface to take a text file of RGB values so that all region can be assigned in an efficient way.

    Once available, I will let you know.

Best,
Frank

Daniel Barbosa

Mar 27, 2020, 8:46:26 PM3/27/20
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Frank,

That would be great. Should I expect it to be available soon?

Thank you!!

Dan

Mar 27, 2020, 9:08:03 PM3/27/20
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
It would be few days (hopefully).
Frank
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dsi-studio/BY5PR06MB66274D80BBC1B967EA8E93FDA5CD0%40BY5PR06MB6627.namprd06.prod.outlook.com.

Fang-Cheng Yeh

Mar 27, 2020, 9:33:41 PM3/27/20
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
If you use using the Windows version, it is available now. Please
update to see if it works for you.
The function is under [Region][Miscellaneous][Assign Color]
If you use the Mac version, please let me know. I will commit a Mac
version update.
Frank

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 8:46 PM Daniel Barbosa <dan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dsi-studio/BY5PR06MB66274D80BBC1B967EA8E93FDA5CD0%40BY5PR06MB6627.namprd06.prod.outlook.com.

Daniel Barbosa

Mar 28, 2020, 5:47:04 PM3/28/20
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
That’s outstanding. Windows version works perfectly, thank you so much. If you can add a function to export a rgb txt file would also be perfect, often we have to remake figures and it’s hard to put the exact same colors to all Regions.

Thanks!!
Dan

Sent: Friday, March 27, 2020 6:33:12 PM

Fang-Cheng Yeh

Mar 28, 2020, 5:58:37 PM3/28/20
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
It should be available soon.
will let you know.
Frank
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dsi-studio/BY5PR06MB6627243B3CD26161A2A94E9DA5CD0%40BY5PR06MB6627.namprd06.prod.outlook.com.

Fang-Cheng Yeh

Mar 28, 2020, 6:18:35 PM3/28/20
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Just updated to add the save function. Please see if it works for you.
Frank

Daniel Barbosa

Mar 28, 2020, 7:40:02 PM3/28/20
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
That’s outstanding! Works perfectly. Thanks for doing this so quickly!
Dan

Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2020 3:18:06 PM

Daniel Barbosa

Apr 17, 2020, 10:03:46 PM4/17/20
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Frank,

Was wondering whether it would be possible to have the exact same function for opacity. An interface to take a text file of opacity values (0-1, allowing decimals like 0.591) so that all regions could be assigned in an efficient way would be lovely (as well as a save function). This way I'd be able to represent regions in the brain according to the significance of my findings.

Cheers,
Dan.

Ali Kazemi

Aug 1, 2021, 10:09:18 PM8/1/21
to DSI Studio
Dear Frank,

I have the same question as Dan. Is it possible to change the opacity of lots of regions at once? I want to see the tracts inside the brain. Thank you.

Frank Yeh

Aug 1, 2021, 10:17:48 PM8/1/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
I missed Dan's last thread and did not get this request.
I am listing this feature on my to-do list and will let both of you
know once it is implemented.
Best,
Frank
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dsi-studio/92c069c6-6d88-4823-8df6-1c88baf0a9f8n%40googlegroups.com.

ali kazemi

Aug 2, 2021, 5:14:53 AM8/2/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Thank you 🙏🙏🙏

--
warm regards,
Ali Kazemi

Frank Yeh

Aug 2, 2021, 5:49:29 PM8/2/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
This function is implemented.
You can use [Region Misc][Save Region Color] to save RGB+Alpha channel
(Opacity) in a text file.
Then you can use [Region Misc][Load Region Color] to specify RGB+Alpha
to assign color and opacity together.

The Windows version is updated (dated today). If you are using Mac,
please let me know. I will commit an update.

Hope this works for you.
Frank
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dsi-studio/CA%2BJP0DGHWdBcvemgCArOe%3DTig-VP3omv7-y0Vc6JwZTb2oUaqA%40mail.gmail.com.

Frank Yeh

Aug 2, 2021, 6:19:30 PM8/2/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Here's the video of how I modified code for those interested in the process.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJwMyFa3-28

Ieva Andrulyte

Nov 29, 2021, 7:47:27 AM11/29/21
to DSI Studio
Hi Frank,

I'm here with exactly the same question as Dan, but I'm using mac. Will the the DSI studio be updated for mac users as well?

Best wishes,
Ieva

Frank Yeh

Nov 29, 2021, 10:24:39 AM11/29/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
The updated Mac version should also have these functions.
Frank