Fusing post-implant CT with pre-implant imaging data

Frank Garcea

May 13, 2022, 2:28:10 PM5/13/22
to DSI Studio
Hi Frank,

I have a few questions about the fusing of post-implant CT images with tracts and T1 slices in DSI studio. I'm using this page as a reference...

(1) Can DSI Studio fuse a post-op CT with grids and/or strips? Or is it only able to work with sEEG electrodes?

(2) Is it possible to fuse a CT with a pre-implant T1 image in the absence of a diffusion dataset?

(3) If not, is there a program that you know of that fuses the post-implant CT to the pre-implant T1?

It is rare that we do not collect pre-implant diffusion data but it does happen on occasion, so I'm wondering if we can still use DSI studio to fuse images without diffusion data.

Thanks in advance,
FG

Frank Yeh

May 16, 2022, 9:38:38 PM5/16/22
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
(1) Can DSI Studio fuse a post-op CT with grids and/or strips? Or is it only able to work with sEEG electrodes?

Yes, but would need first to register CT to T1W because DWI has no skull signal, and DSI Studio cannot figure out how to register.

To register CT to T1W, use [Tools][R1 Linear registration box]. Both CT and T1W have to be converted to NIFTI.

After aligning the image, save the wrapped image so that CT is resampled to the T1W space.

(2) Is it possible to fuse a CT with a pre-implant T1 image in the absence of a diffusion dataset?

 Yes, [Tools][R1 Linear registration box].

Best,
Frank