automatic fiber tracking for macaque template

yasaman bagherzadeh

Jun 2, 2021, 4:31:35 PM6/2/21
to DSI Studio
Hi Frank,
 I am very new to DTI analysis and also DSI studio. I am planning to analyze DTI in macaques. Is it possible to be able to do auto tracking for macaques similar to HCP1065 template? Here is the template for macaques https://www.nitrc.org/projects/rmdtitemplate/
Thank you so much,
Yasaman

Frank Yeh

Jun 2, 2021, 7:35:24 PM6/2/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it is possible, but I haven't tried it yet. Do you have a FIB
file that can share? I will test it on DSI Studio and make sure it
works for you.
Best,
Frank

yasaman bagherzadeh

Jun 2, 2021, 7:58:56 PM6/2/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your prompt response! Do you mean FIB file of my data or FIB file of atlas? (Sorry if this is a dumb question, I am very new in the field).

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "DSI Studio" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dsi-studio/CAG_QrtJPBZ-Txj-cQ3fk9Qb4rraTbTK3ZirM1DojKMag-OQt9g%40mail.gmail.com.

Frank Yeh

Jun 2, 2021, 8:05:48 PM6/2/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
No problem. I was not clear enough.
I meant the FIB file of your sample data.
Frank

On Wed, Jun 2, 2021 at 7:58 PM yasaman bagherzadeh
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dsi-studio/CAC4c7AJ3LR8iEvPTDq-zP3N%2BBAL_wCfKX%3DbNeTWf1oANhnWokA%40mail.gmail.com.
Message has been deleted

Frank Yeh

Jun 2, 2021, 8:45:20 PM6/2/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
This discussion forum is public, and anyone can download the data. Is this okay?
(If not, I can remove this thread) I already downloaded the data.
Frank

On Wed, Jun 2, 2021 at 8:20 PM yasaman bagherzadeh
<yass.bag...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you! I attached the FIB file.
>> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dsi-studio/CAG_QrtJYUYodBvXFttAALjtJykQEMEMJa1hxhVjB-88GgKDH9A%40mail.gmail.com.

Frank Yeh

Jun 2, 2021, 8:46:24 PM6/2/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
I checked the data, I may need the SRC file to rotate the image
volume. You can send it using the link provided on the top banner of
the discussion forum.
Frank

yasaman bagherzadeh

Jun 2, 2021, 9:18:04 PM6/2/21
to DSI Studio
Is it possible that I share it by email?
Message has been deleted

Frank Yeh

Jun 2, 2021, 9:36:54 PM6/2/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
You can use the private link:
https://www.dropbox.com/request/W0hJkAIVC2keWAjqtqvU
Frank

On Wed, Jun 2, 2021 at 9:29 PM yasaman bagherzadeh
<yass.bag...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, please remove the thread, and how I can send the SRC to you?
> Thank you!
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dsi-studio/b3147cfc-b6ec-4c64-94b6-ab5aaaa88cf5n%40googlegroups.com.

yasaman bagherzadeh

Jun 2, 2021, 9:50:11 PM6/2/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com

Frank Yeh

Jun 2, 2021, 9:57:57 PM6/2/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! I got the data.

Do you mind if I create a publicly available video showing how to
troubleshoot this dataset and generate automatic fiber tracking?
The purpose is only to help other people who shared the same question.
No SRC or FIB will be shared.
It is entirely okay if you have a concern, and I can send you a list
of steps I have used.

Please feel free to let me know.

Best,
Frank

On Wed, Jun 2, 2021 at 9:50 PM yasaman bagherzadeh
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dsi-studio/CAC4c7A%2BSPFcAJSH%2BLH%2BJnqJ8FdNAEkkk_r6-xpA8-OEYcqo4xQ%40mail.gmail.com.

yasaman bagherzadeh

Jun 2, 2021, 10:15:45 PM6/2/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Sure, I don't mind. Please do that!

Frank Yeh

Jun 2, 2021, 10:17:25 PM6/2/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Much appreciated. I will record a video and send the link to it.
Anyone I can put on the acknowledgement besides you?
Frank

On Wed, Jun 2, 2021 at 10:15 PM yasaman bagherzadeh
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dsi-studio/CAC4c7ALdXdR%3DKBC_mGEHQu_OQXYxQv%2B6ufvT2m4r9wejFVoU7Q%40mail.gmail.com.

yasaman bagherzadeh

Jun 3, 2021, 11:12:49 AM6/3/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Frank! Please mention "Jitendra Sharma" as well.
Yasaman

Frank Yeh

Jun 3, 2021, 11:56:49 AM6/3/21
to DSI Studio
Hi Yasaman,

    I created a video to show how to run automatic tracking for your data.

    Hope this helps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHk_gQN72rU

Best,
Frank

yasaman bagherzadeh

Jun 3, 2021, 2:30:31 PM6/3/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much Frank for the video instructions. It was very helpful. Just one question. After I swap and flip the image in Y and Z direction, do I need to flip the b table as well?
Thank you!

Frank Yeh

Jun 3, 2021, 2:40:21 PM6/3/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
You don't have to because the b-table will also be swapped/flipped accordingly.
Also, the [check b-table] function will further test different
orientations and choose the best one.

Glad to know that the video helps.
Best,
Frank

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 2:30 PM yasaman bagherzadeh