How to deal with the unexpected excess long fibers?

yh

Mar 29, 2021, 10:16:34 PM3/29/21
to DSI Studio
微信图片_20210330101101.jpg微信图片_20210330101110.jpg
微信图片_20210330101117.jpgHi Frank,
      I got new quuestion about tracking. How do you decide where the fiber end? For example, thalamus- radiation-antirior can perfectly stoped at thal in your autotracking result. but i always got some excessing fiber that always several centy meters longer than expected.
       For example  i want to tracking fibers between superior frontal gyry and thalamus- VA-L(figure 1 and 3), fibers even elongated to brainstem. .  I was wondering should i just use the cut function or set thalamus as temination or end. another question wil come if set thalamus-VA-L as temination, tha majority of fibers will not be included. So may i have your advice about this problem. My teacher told me to learn from how you deal with  thalamus- radiation-antirior, really hope your advice!

Best Wishes!
Hu Yin

Frank Yeh

Mar 30, 2021, 10:11:11 AM3/30/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
You may place a ROA to remove tracks that are too long or assign the thalamus region as the terminative region to terminate tracks there.
Frank