Error in conversion DICOM and Nii to SRC in fetal MRI

Giorgio Marcello

Jul 12, 2024, 4:52:54 AMJul 12
to DSI Studio
Hi every one,

have anyone had experienc in using DSI studio for fetal MRI, is it reliable in this field?

Moreovere, I was trying to run some analysis on fetal MRI but I cannot create a SRC file.
I both tried using DSI studio for DICOM to SRC conversion and MRIcron to first make first a Nii file from DICOM (whitout problem) and then DSI studio to do a Nii-SRC conversion.
The error was the same "no dwi nifti files found". How can I resolve this problem? I can correctly visualize both DICOM and nii whit DSI and other viewer.

DSI Studio

Jul 16, 2024, 5:15:58 PM (11 days ago) Jul 16
to DSI Studio
You may check out what a regular DWI NIFTI file looks like and see if yours are the same.
Examples can be found here: https://practicum.labsolver.org/dwi.html

Best regards,
Frank

Qianhua Zhu

Jul 18, 2024, 8:10:09 AM (9 days ago) Jul 18
to DSI Studio
Hi, I met the same problem. I used the DICOM to generate the Nii files from [Tools-O1:View Images] and then [Batch Processing - Step B2b] to do a Nii-SRC conversion. The error was "no dwi nifti files found".  Did you figure out the solution?  I can correctly visualize both DICOM and nii with DSI.

Frank Yeh

Jul 19, 2024, 12:50:06 PM (8 days ago) Jul 19
to qianhu...@gmail.com, DSI Studio
You may need to use Step T1 to generate NIFTI files. Please check out documentation at

Frank Yeh

Jul 20, 2024, 9:37:09 AM (7 days ago) Jul 20
to Qianhua Zhu, DSI Studio
You may try using dcm2nii to convert the DICOM and see if the
generated NIFTI works. If not, it is likely that your data is not a
valid DWI data.
You may also check out videos at http://practicum.labsolver.org/ about
the preprocessing step, and whether the example NIFTI from the videos
works on your side.

Best,
Frank