Region to Region Tracing

d nowling

Jan 4, 2023, 2:10:46 PM1/4/23
to DSI Studio
Hello! I'm currently using DSI studio to try and create sets of tracings between regions and I've come close to what I need but the out put is unwieldly

Here is the batch script command I am currently using

path=C:\Users\dun200\Desktop\DKI_and_PyDesigner\dsi_studio_win\dsi_studio_win
dsi_studio.exe --action=trk --source=1008-dwi_preprocessed.src.gz.icbm152.qsdr.1.25.R78.fib.gz --fiber_count=1000000 --output=no_file --connectivity=C:\Users\dun200\Desktop\DKI_and_PyDesigner\dsi_studio_win\dsi_studio_win\atlas\ICBM152\Power_Atlas_Corrected.nii.gz --connectivity_value=trk --connectivity_type=end --export=stat > Log1.txt

I am using a custom atlas consisting of 272 5mm diameter spheres. The above command generates sets of fiber tracings between pairs of nodes (which is conceptually what I need), however it saves every set of tracings as an individual file.

For example, for sphere 1 there are individual .tt.gz files for each other node it identified tracings connecting to (sphere_1_sphere_2.tt.gz, sphere_1_sphere_27.tt.gz, sphere_1_sphere_54.tt.gz, etc.). This results in it generating hundreds of files for a single subject.
Is there a way to specify which sphere in particular i care about as being the starting point? That way it only generates tracing files for a single sphere and the other spheres it connects to, rather than every possible combination? It would still generate multiple files but far fewer of them and only the specific ones I'm actually interested in. Thanks!

Fang-Cheng Yeh

Jan 5, 2023, 9:52:18 AM1/5/23
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Settings two connected regions as ROI may give you what you wanted.

However, it seems that you may get a better result if you could go through a recent workshop recordings at practicum.labsolver.org

Best
Frank

d nowling

Jan 6, 2023, 9:23:09 AM1/6/23
to DSI Studio
I'd considered the approach of setting two ends, but realized that would only give me a single sphere to sphere trace, whereas I'm looking for one end to all other possible ends, something kind of between what I'm currently getting  and what I would get with setting two ends. I will watch through the recordings though and see what I can learn, thank you!