Connectivity matrix - threshold

JB

Apr 26, 2021, 2:57:12 PM4/26/21
to DSI Studio

Dear Frank,

Thanks again for your previous reply.

I have followed the "Connectivity matrix and graph analysis" workflow with QSDR reconstruction and 10000000 seeds.

When I take a look at the final connectivity matrix and change the value to dti_fa I see that the matrix is almost all connected, suggesting that I should probably change the threshold of 0,00100.

However, I'm not sure which value I should put here. Can you let me know which threshold should be included or how it can be calculated?

Thanks in advance!

Frank Yeh

Apr 26, 2021, 3:30:53 PM4/26/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
0.001 seems okay to me, but different groups may have a different
approach, as long as you can justify it.

JB

Apr 26, 2021, 4:02:58 PM4/26/21
to DSI Studio
Thanks Frank for such a prompt reply!

Please see in attachment a snapshot of the dti_fa connectivity matrix, in my experience matrices derived from deterministic tractography should be much less connected, wouldn't you agree? In fact the same matrix with "count" as entries/value is much less connected (second screenshot).
It feels like something is wrong here. What do you think?
Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 21.56.43.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 22.01.47.png

Frank Yeh

Apr 26, 2021, 4:10:09 PM4/26/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
The dti_fa weighted one may give a high value even if there is just
one track connecting.
DSI Studio will sample the FA along the track regardless of how many
tracks are there.
I would increase the threshold to zero some entries.
Frank