Autotrack options changed

Crest-E MGH

Sep 3, 2021, 4:31:06 PM9/3/21
to DSI Studio

Hi Frank,

I recently upgraded to the August 30 build of DSI Studio, but had previously used autotrack on the February build. It seem like the options for "enable autotrack" have changed, such that there used to be a "corticostriatal" tract and now there are 3 different ones (anterior, posterior, and superior). Or, there are also now 3 Superior Longitudinal Fasciculus tracts, where there used to be 1. I was wondering if you have information about where the new tract options come from, or how the tracts  in the new version correspond to the old version. In the documentation it says that "The function uses a track recognitioiin based on the a tractography atlas (Yeh et al. 2018)" so I'm just wondering how this has changed in the new version.

Thanks!
Lydia

Frank Yeh

Sep 6, 2021, 1:08:47 PM9/6/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
The merging of new tracts (anterior, posterior, posterior) will get the old ones.
The reason we further segment the corticostriatal is to provide better localization for the analysis, particularly for cortical thalamic pathways because a lot of studies have focused on anterior thalamic radiation.
Hope this helps explains the differences.
Best regards,
Frank

Crest-E MGH

Sep 8, 2021, 3:53:21 PM9/8/21
to DSI Studio
Hi Frank,

Thank you very much for the explanation! I appreciate all of your help and guidance.

Best,
Lydia