B-value checking

Adam Raikes

Sep 13, 2021, 7:21:40 PMSep 13
to DSI Studio
Hi Frank,

Have a question about the b-value checking and my mouse data. If I run QSDR reconstruction on my data using the DSI Studio generated mask with b-value checking on, no flips/permutations are needed. If I follow the recommendations in the documentation about cropping and erasing the background to improve registration, I end up all manner of flips and permutations recommended (varies per mouse).

Is there any reason why cropping out the background would change the b-value validation outcomes?

Frank Yeh

Sep 13, 2021, 7:48:23 PMSep 13
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
It seems that DSI Studio used some of the background data in the checking and caused the difference.
My recommendation for animal studies would be to turn the checking off and manually flip/swap to handle the b-table orientation problems.
Hope this helps.
Frank

Adam Raikes

Sep 13, 2021, 7:52:53 PMSep 13
to DSI Studio
Ok. That's what I've been doing but figured I'd ask. Thanks.