Quality check

Newton Cho

Jun 30, 2024, 1:33:34 PM (6 days ago) Jun 30
to DSI Studio
Dear Frank,

Just going over data again and I noticed in the most recently updated version of DSI Studio there are differences in the results of the Quality Check in terms of neighbouring correlation and bad slices compared to previous versions (i.e., previous version reported "0" bad slices while new version reports > 0; absolute values of neighbouring correlation different).

I chose the brains (i.e., choosing one of two sessions of same subject) based on the previous version Quality Check and do not want to have to do everything over again.

Is it still safe to use the results of the Quality Check from the previous version of DSI Studio?  I am manually going through each brain myself of course to check for slice dropout, eddy correction, etc. as sometimes even though DSI says "0 bad slices" I am finding there might be signal dropout.

Thanks for your help!

Newton

Frank Yeh

Jun 30, 2024, 7:10:40 PM (6 days ago) Jun 30
to newto...@gmail.com, DSI Studio
Yes, bad slices are not as useful as NDC. It is only a reference.
Best,
Frank