Save new.fib.gz file after removing artifcats

Alexander Swiderski

May 17, 2022, 3:27:12 PM5/17/22
to DSI Studio
Dr Yeh,

I have edited a .fib file to remove motion artifacts. I am wondering how to to  a "save as" so I can use the updated file in connectometry analysis later on, but also not delete the original file.

Sincerely

Alex

Alexander Swiderski

May 17, 2022, 3:32:11 PM5/17/22
to DSI Studio
Also, if you have a recommendation for automating removal of motion related artifacts from .fib, rather than src files (such as your tutorial) i would be very appreciative!

Frank Yeh

May 19, 2022, 11:16:48 AM5/19/22
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

Currently there is no "save as" function for FIB file because of
the complicated file content. Only SRC files can be saved/replaced in
DSI Studio.

The solution available is to use MATLAB or python to edit the FIB
file and save it.

Best,
Frank

Frank Yeh

May 19, 2022, 11:18:10 AM5/19/22
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
The current standard is to correct the artifacts at the signal level.
The majority of studies use FSL eddy.

Using an unconventional approach would need justification and might
risk critiques from reviewers.

Best,
Frank