Differences beween QA and FA in connectometry analysis

Alberto Braga

Feb 6, 2024, 8:37:06 AMFeb 6
to DSI Studio
Hi Frank
I am working on a connectometry study about behavioural parameters in decision making (130 subjects).
I have run the analysis using both qa and dti_fa values. I found significant results in both cases, but they look very different and don't seem to fit together. Why is that and which one should I report?
Thanks in advance for your patience.
Best regards,
Alberto Andrea Braga

Alberto Braga

Jun 27, 2024, 11:50:49 AM (9 days ago) Jun 27
to DSI Studio
Hello,
It looks like my  question hasn't been answered yet. Should I provide more accurate details, or share screenshots/data of the analysis?
Best regards,
Alberto Andrea Braga

Frank Yeh

Jun 27, 2024, 12:59:22 PM (9 days ago) Jun 27
to alberto...@gmail.com, DSI Studio
I am sorry for missing this thread and thanks for following up.

>> I have run the analysis using both qa and dti_fa values. I found significant results in both cases, but they look very different and don't seem to fit together. Why is that and which one should I report?

QA and FA have different biological meanings. Both reflect tract
integrity and compactness.
FA is more sensitive to acute change of neuronal injury due to edema,
whereas QA is more sensitive to structure compactness.

Summary here:
https://dsi-studio.labsolver.org/doc/how_to_interpret_dmri.html

There are also previous discussion threads about the interpretation of QA/FA

Best,
Frank