Red FA map

fauxv...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2023, 3:54:50 PM11/6/23
to DSI Studio
Hello Frank,

I'm wondering why the FA map in final visualization shows this redness for this dMRI? I used two different pipelines for pre-processing and sent them to DSI Studio. But for one of the pipelines the FA map looks like this. The masking process looks good to me by the way.

Thank you as always.

RichardScreenshot 2023-11-06 at 13.48.40.pngScreenshot 2023-11-06 at 13.50.05.png

fauxv...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2023, 8:10:55 PM11/6/23
to DSI Studio

Screenshot 2023-11-06 at 17.45.02.png
This is the 3D rendering. Note there are so many red spurious fibers in the region.

Frank Yeh

Nov 7, 2023, 11:22:51 AM11/7/23
to fauxv...@gmail.com, DSI Studio
You can send me the src.gz file (original one) and I can help checking.
Frank

fauxv...@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2023, 3:40:51 PM11/7/23
to DSI Studio
Hi Frank,

Just sent you the file!

Thanks!

Richard

Frank Yeh

Nov 10, 2023, 3:41:45 PM11/10/23
to fauxv...@gmail.com, DSI Studio
Sorry I did not receive the data.
Could you upload again?
Frank

fauxv...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2023, 12:18:04 PM11/13/23
to DSI Studio

Hi Frank,

It exceeds the 24 MB limit. I shared a Google drive link with you.

Thank you!

Richard

Frank Yeh

Nov 13, 2023, 2:50:57 PM11/13/23
to fauxv...@gmail.com, DSI Studio
You may use the upload data link provided on the DSI Studio website.
Also, please upload the src.gz file.

fauxv...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2023, 3:14:13 PM11/13/23
to DSI Studio
Thank you. Just uploaded!

Richard

Frank Yeh

Nov 13, 2023, 4:14:44 PM11/13/23
to fauxv...@gmail.com, DSI Studio
I checked the data. There seems to be a problem with the diffusion gradient

Either the b-table is wrong, or the diffusion gradient performance is having a problem.

As a result, the reconstruction won't produce good result.

You may need to check this with an MR physicist to make sure the DWI was acquired correctly.

Best regards,
Frank

fauxv...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2023, 11:28:49 PM11/28/23