B-table checking

raikes....@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2021, 4:07:36 PM4/9/21
to DSI Studio
Hi Frank,

I have a question. Did something change in the B-table checking algorithm between the 2020-12-22 release and the 2021-03-11 release? I've run a whole dataset using both of those releases with the exact same parameters. For all images, the b-table recommendation is the same within release but differs between releases.

For 2020-12-22: 012=BEST
For 2021-03-11: 012fy=BEST

I'm just curious if there is something systematic about this and whether a code change was implemented to make on more valid than the other.

Thanks

Frank Yeh

Apr 9, 2021, 8:07:05 PM4/9/21
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
The more recent version considers image rotation better (e.g. rotate DWI to align with T1W or MNI ac-pc).
If you b-table is from FSL's topup/eddy, then 012fy should be the correct output/

Best,
Frank