Determining Seed Termination Limit & QA Threshold

Gabriel Nasr

Jun 20, 2024, 1:38:34 PMJun 20
to DSI Studio
Good day,

I hope this finds you well. I have some questions regarding setting specific parameters.

(1) Given that different seed termination limits may provide significantly different tract counts and volume measures, how is an appropriate seed termination limit for individual structures determined? What are the benefits or downsides of having a very large seed limit (100 000 or 1 million) vs a smaller seed limit (10 000) and which would produce more accurate results for structures like the cingulum or fornix?

(2) In a similar vein, what is to be taken into consideration when determining the appropriate QA threshold in GQI/QSDR tractography?

Best regards,

Gabriel

Frank Yeh

Jun 20, 2024, 2:24:33 PMJun 20
to gn...@ualberta.ca, DSI Studio
Given that different seed termination limits may provide significantly different tract counts and volume measures, how is an appropriate seed termination limit for individual structures determined? What are the benefits or downsides of having a very large seed limit (100 000 or 1 million) vs a smaller seed limit (10 000) and which would produce more accurate results for structures like the cingulum or fornix?

The number depends on the data and the tracking methods. There is no exact number for the specific pathway.

(2) In a similar vein, what is to be taken into consideration when determining the appropriate QA threshold in GQI/QSDR tractography?

You may use the default setting. There are more detailed explanations in the workshop videos (practicum.labsolver.org)

Best regards,
Frank

Best regards,

Gabriel

Message has been deleted

Gabriel Nasr

Jun 24, 2024, 10:03:06 PM (11 days ago) Jun 24
to DSI Studio
Hi Frank,

Thank you for your quick response. I will let you know if I have any further inquiries.

Best,

Gabriel