White House recruiting Data Scientists

Patrick Meier (iRevolution)

Feb 22, 2015, 10:54:52 PM2/22/15
to DS4-Soc...@googlegroups.com
FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: DJ Patil <dpa...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 3:39 AM

Thanks everyone. We need all the help that we can.
A couple of things where we need immediate help.
1. Each of the agencies is starting to build up their data science capabilities. They need ETL pros and Data Scientists alike. And we need them fast. The expertise of a group like this will go along way in making these systems work for years on out.

2. The US Digital Service is recruiting. I've been blown away by the demand for their help.  A little help over there goes a long, long way.  If you're game to jump in and serve the country please let me know.  If you know people who might be interested, please let me know about the opportunity at whitehouse.gov/usds.

3. I need to build out a team fast as can. One of the fastest ways if for people who currently are in the US Gov and can be detailed to the WH.  Also those who are with academic institutions.  If you know people, please let me know!

I'll also emphasize that these are not political roles. We're working for the American public. What I'm looking for are people who want to make a material impact in the problems we're facing.

Thanks for everyone's help!
-dj

johnbri...@gmail.com

May 24, 2018, 5:07:25 AM5/24/18
to Data Science for Social Good

A "data product" is a technical asset that utilizes data as input, and processes that data to return algorithmically-generated results. The classic example of a data product is a recommendation engine, which ingests user data, and makes personalized recommendations based on that data.